We really love having pasta for lunch; we usually have pastasciutta (cooked pasta) one meal a day. I love trying to cook pasta in new recipe which normally I learn from my mother in-law and my sister in-law.
This time I tried the recipe from the book "Apple for Jam" but I modified a little bit just the way we like.
40 grams butter
200 grams tinned tomatoes
200 grams penne
2 tsp olive oil
400 grams raw prawns, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed a bit
2 tbs Martini
3 tbs cream
some chopped parsley
a little bit ground chilli
salt & pepper
ground parmesan cheese
1) Melt half butter in small pan and when it's sizzling, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
2) Cook over medium heat for 10 mins.
3) Cook the pasta in boiling salted with a few drops of oil.
4) Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat.
5) Add oil and the rest of butter, when it's sizzling add prawns and garlic.
6) Cook the prawns over the highest heat until they are quite bright undersides are golden and crusty in places.
7) When they are cooked, scatter with salt add the martini and cook until it evaporates.
8) Add the tomato sauce to the prawns then cream and chopped parsley.
9) Heat until just bubbling then add the cooked pasta and toss.
10) Serve with some ground parmesan cheese.
This dish has become one of our favourite pasta sauces; it's very easy and quick to prepare it.