2008/05/19

Almond White Chocolate Cupcakes


As Helen, http://tartelette.blogspot.com/
is hosting the monthly event Sugar High Fridays, http://www.domesticgoddess.ca/pages.php?page=10002 which created by Jennifer, http://www.domesticgoddess.ca/ . Once I read through the details of Sugar High Fridays #43, http://tartelette.blogspot.com/2008/05/announcing-sugar-high-friday-43-citrus.html I was really interested to join this event.


To tell you the truth, I thought about many desserts for this event, but finally I decided to do these cupcakes the one we really enjoy making & yesssssss....eating!!!


Then I thought about the frosting as normally I make from chocolate and cream cheese but this time I want to get some fresh orange tasting.



For the cupcake I made almond white chocolate cake , one of my favourites which I always like to make it.

Ingredient ( for 6 cupcakes):

45 grams flour
1/4 ts baking powder pinch of salt
75 grams butter, room temperature
45 grams sugar
1 egg
50 grams almond powder
30 grams white chocolated chopped


Preheat the oven at 175° C and prepare the muffin cups.

Whisk butter in high speed until it's creamy and pale yellow. Gradually add the sugar and keep whisking until they are fluffy and sugar dissolves.

Change to low speed and add the egg and beat until blended.

Gradually add flour and almond powder and mix them. Add white chocolated chopped and mix them together.

Drop 2/3 in the muffin cups and bake them for 15 minutes.


For the citrus icing

50 ml. fresh orange juice, strained
1/2 ts lemon juice
180 grams di icing sugar
2 ts powder egg white


Beat together in medium speed for 1 minute and then turn to high speed and keep on beating till it's thick and soft peak for 3 minuts.


For the decoration, I made the butterflies from marzipan just to get the atmosphere of spring.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your entry!The cupcakes are just too cute and I bet they tasted wonderful too!
Tartelette

Thip said...

Cute!

อุ้ม,

วันพุธนี้พี่จะกลับไทย คงไม่ค่อยได้อัพบล็อกเท่าไหร่...พี่จะอยู่ไทยเดือนครึ่ง คงได้ทำขนมบ้างนิดหน่อย กะว่าจะไปหาซื้อเตาอบและอุปกรณ์ที่ไทย ขอบใจที่แวะมาทักทายที่บล็อกพี่บ่อย ๆ นะ

พี่ทิพย์

Thip said...

อุ้ม,

ถ้ากลับไทยต้นเดือนกค. เราน่าจะนัดเจอกันนะ อุ้มอยู่กทม. หรือเปล่า ยังไงติดต่อผ่านอีเมล์พี่นะ mrspaine@hotmail.com เมล์มาหาพี่ พี่จะได้มีอีเมล์อุ้มเก็บไว้

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

A. said...

bellissime!

me said...

Very lovely looking cupcake. I personally don't like cupcake as much but yours look great.

And congrat on another Inter's successful season.

They should have kept Mancini as coach (3 successive championship) and got sacked.

New coach is great too.

P'J

Vanillaorchid said...

Helen, thank you for being the host.

P'Thip, ดีใจจังจะได้เจอพี่ทิพย์

rainbowbrown, thank you.

raspberry riot, grazie mille.

Poolandhouse, thank you.

me said...

Nong Oum,

What happened to Italy??? OMG, I was shocked... 3-0 to Dutch in this dead group. This will hughly dent their chance to advance

dailydelicious said...

You are tagged.
Just check it out on my blog.
http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2008/06/tag-for-first-time.html
Pook

Lore said...

Beautiful! You have good decorating skills.