Banana & Stawberry Mini Muffins
Finally, it's time for strawberry! There are lots of strawberries in the market but the price is still somehow expensive and the taste is not sweet as it should be. My hubby told me that it's too early for the having strawberry as dessert. Normally we like having them with some sugar and a little bit lemon juice mix together.
Last week, I saw some red and big strawberries in the market so I did not hesitate to take them with me…..hehehe.
And yes, my hubby is right!! They are not enough sweet to eat them fresh, so I thought to use them in making muffin.
I have never make dessert with strawberry and banana together, I am curious how it will be and it's really perfect!
Adapted from Banana and Strawberry Muffins from Leiths Baking Bible
280 g strawberries
100 g ripe banana
2 eggs, beaten
85 g butter, melted and cooled
140 g sugar
225 g. self-raising flour
1/2 ts bicarbonate of soda
demerara sugar, for sprinkling
1. Het the oven to 190° C
2. Wash and hull the strawberries, then cut in dice.
3. Mash the 70 g strawberries and banana.
4. Stir in sugar, butter and eggs.
5. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the wet mixture and fold in (no more than 20 strokes) Overfolding will make the muffins tough.
6. Stir in the diced strawberries.
7. Put in the mini muffin cups and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 mins. or until a tooth stick inserted in the centre comes out with out any batter sticking to it.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.