2009/10/20

He made pudd (ing).... I took pic (tures) : CHOCOLATE PUDDING

Photobucket

My husband is the best one making chocolate pudding in his family by using the instant one. I have tried to convince him so many times to make it from real ingredient!!

Finally, he was convinced!

Photobucket

He has made it three times already but the first time he made it, he somehow complained that it was complicated and there were a lot of cleaning work! But, after the 1st bite he said it was very delicious!!!

The last time he made once we invited his mom and his brother for dinner and yessss they loved it a lot.


Photobucket


I’m really happy that my husband starts liking to make the real chocolate pudding and every time he wants to eat it he can do it himself!!

Modified from Tartine book

Whole milk 425 ml
Heavy cream 155 ml
Cornstarch 30 g
Sugar 140 g
Cacao powder 3 tbsp
Medium egg 4
Salt 1/4 tsp
Dark chocolate chopped (85%) 90 g
Biscuits

Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat to just under a boil.

Combine the cornstarch and sugar in a mixing bowl and sift in the cacao powder.

In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt until blended then add to the sugar mixture and whisk until well combined.

Slowly add half of the hot milk mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly.

Put the egg mixture back into the pan with the rest of the milk mixture and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture has thickened and registers 208°F.

Pour the cream through the sieve and add the chocolate and let it melt.

When the chocolate has melted, blend with a blender until no lump.

Pour the cream to the prepared individual cup just half bowl, then put one biscuit and pour other cream until reach the top of the cup.

Let it cool and serve at room temperature. (I like to keep it in the fridge over the night and eat it as I feel the cream is stickier)

Photobucket

Enjoy ^O^

4 comments:

Karine said...

Your chocolate pudding sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Oh, how I love homemade chocolate pudding. I'm glad your hubby has joined the rest of us. :)

Ash said...

I totally love this!! It looks too good to be true!

Vanillaorchid said...

Karine - Thank you.

Susan - I'm really happy for that too.

Ash - me too.