Double delicious : Chocolate crème brulee, delicious treat for the chocoholic in you.
I like having dessert with custard especially with some cake. I love the taste and the texture of its, but I dislike having only custard as dessert!!
Last week, I talked to my friend telling her that I really want to eat Crème Brulee but I don’t like the traditional one. I have thought making it with Earl grey or berries tea just having some aroma.
The day after, she told me that she just made Chocolate crème brulee which made my heart beat and I almost scream out loud. She said that because of me, she went to check out her baking book and found out this recipe.
She said that it's so delicious and hand me immediately the recipe.
My husband and I are chocolate lovers so, I did not hesitate to make it ASAP, but after looking in my fridge, I gotto wait the next day because I ran out some ingredients... poor me!!!
I made half recipe and modified it as I did not have enough ingredients.
Chocolate custard cream
338 ml. fresh cream
163 ml. whole milk
90 g. sugar
185 g. dark chocolate chopped
some brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 150° C
2. Put the cream, milk and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
3. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
4. Then stir until smooth.
5. Beat the yolk with an electric mixer until its light colour.
6. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
7. Strain the custard into the prepared dish. ( I made 2 medium dish and 2 ramekins)
8. Put the dish and ramekins in a tin and add enough hot water to the tin.
9. Bake for 35 minutes (depend on the side of the dish and the oven temperature) or until the custard is set. The custard should be slightly wobbly in the center.
10. Remove the dish from the tin allow to cool.
11. Sprinkle the surface with the brown sugar use a small blow torch to caramelize the sugar.
It's absolutely delicious; you can have sweet and smooth texture with scent of toffee at the same time.
Thank you my friend, Pook from daily delicious blog.